American Flag cutest blog on the block

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.

Friday, January 29, 2010

The True Political Spectrum

What they don't teach in schools:

Every teacher that I have ever had has referred to our government as a Democratic Republic, if even that. Some of my middle school and high school teachers are so bold as to call our government a plain democracy.

We are neither of these. We are a Constitutional Republic, according to the Constitution (which most of us don't respect anyway).

I was absolutely shocked to find out that the word democracy doesn't exist in the Constitution, any of the state constitutions, or in any significant founding document. I choked on my own spit when I found that out.

Ask yourself, Why are we taught our government comes in the form of a democracy, though the word does not exist in any founding documents? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. My personal belief is that it is due to the contorted view those in prominent political positions would like us to have. It suits their purposes far better than the government that the Founding Fathers set up. (refer back to an earlier post about political machinations)

The taught left-wing and right-wing are really illusions to the real political spectrum which is portrayed superbly by the following video.

1 comment: